Sunday, February 01, 2015

She Shoots, She Scores, Goal!!

In a matter of three weeks In January I achieved three things. I lost weight, I managed to get back on my push bike and I pushed myself to bike eight kilometres without killing myself and I started walking again. Proper walking rather than the short slow amble to the Bowling Club and back again on a Friday night. 

So now I need to actually set some goals. 

Not soccer goals of course though that could be a long term goal in itself. Get back to playing soccer that is. It's been 26 years since I last put soccer boots on. 

Like work goals lifestyle change goals need to measured SMARTly. specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-targeted.



So my goals for February are

Lose 3 kg
Achieve 9km on the bike
Achieve 3km walking


My plan to achieve these are

More veges more veges less meat and less takeout but also less calories. I am allowed 1500 calories a day + more if I exercise more but I need to try to keep within the 1500-1600 range and stop chewing up all the extra calories that I can use as a buffer when doing all my exercise. 

Achieving 9km on the bike should be easy. I made 8.3 km on Saturday. So if I tackle it in increments by going for an extra 100 metres each time I bike I should be able to do it comfortably by the end of the month. 

The same goes for walking. If I push myself to do an extra 100 metres every time I do a big morning or evening push I could achieve this pretty easily. 

So they are smart (simple), measurable (weights and lengths) achieveable (they are not too hard) realistic (easy for me since I'm just really still starting out on this journey) and time-targeted (I've got til the end of the month). 

So here goes ........ 
Fantastic February here we come 

My stats for the first day of February

weight 138.5 kg
Neck 44.5 cm
Left arm 42.5cm
Right arm 43cm
Waist 132cm
Hips/Tummy 151cm
Left thigh 72cm
Right Thigh 73 cm



No comments:

Post a Comment