Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Essential accessories to compliment the journey

And I'm not talking about clothes, jewels or shoes lol.

I'm talking apps and bands and wheels and oh yeah sorry shoes lol.

So number one on the list is MFP or My Fitness Pal. A food and exercise diary and much more. It's helping me to track and control what I'm eating, record and track my exercising and track my weight and measurement changes and much more. 

There is also a great support community should you wish to participate.

I'd welcome you as a friend should you start using it yourself. You can find me there as user GruvieKiwi

Check it out at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

Next is Map My Walk or MMW.  The app logs your workouts. You punch in your workout type (I have the app running on my phone). Hit start workout and away you go. It logs time, distance, average speed calories burned etc. you can pause and resume when needed. Once you have finished your workout you log it as complete and share it to any social media site you like should you wish and it also can be synced up with MFP. I still haven't started utilising this as much as I can yet.  So much undiscovered country here.
http://www.mapmywalk.com/

Search me there under your Facebook contacts or Jo Moar

I have a new toy. A cheaper version of the Fitbit or Garmin
My pedometer is called a smart band
Half the price and just as good for recording steps and calculating calories burned.

Check them out at http://www.smartmobile.co.nz/

Then there are my wheels. My shiny retro bike called Daff. Daff because she is as yellow as a daffodil in Spring. Yes she has a basket and yes she has gears. I haven't fallen off yet touch wood lol

Next.  yes shoes. Ya gotta make sure you have a decent pair of sneakers for when you pound the pavement through walking or for holding onto the pedals when your puffing away.

Lastly for now a decent set of digital scales and measuring cup/s for measuring what you are eating. It may start out as monotonous this having to measure everything before it goes into your mouth but it is the heart of calorie controlling.

Right. That's enough to get me started.

Ohhhh I forgot the drink bottles. Two at least. One for work and one for home. Keep them topped up with water all day and into the night. You're gonna need them






No comments:

Post a Comment